Home > Admission

Visa and Residence Permit for New Overseas Students of Hunan University

Visa and Residence Permit for New Overseas Students of Hunan University



1.      Please apply for an X1 or X2 visa in the local in the local Chinese embassy with the Admission Notice, JW202 or JW201 Form and physical examination report (if it is needed).

2.  After the visa application, please ask the JW202 or JW201 Form and Admission Notice back.

. Residence Permit

1.      If you hold an X1 visa, you need to apply for residence permit in the following 30 days after your entry. If you stay inChinafor more than half a year, you will have to apply for the residence permit.

2.      Exit & Entry Administration Division Public Security Bureau of Changsha City will accept your application for visa and residence permit.

Address: No. 2 of 1st Fenglin Road, Yingwan Town, Changsha (4th floor of the attached building)

Office Hours: Mon.—Fri. (Except Holidays)

           9:00  a.m.—12:00 a.m,. 13:00—17:00

           No reception after 16:00 on Friday because of system updating.

Tel: 0731-88878741, 88878745, 88878749

. Documents needed for residence permit application:

    Valid passport, visa and the last entry record (copy included);

   Admission Notice (copy included);

   The Introduction Letter for overseas students (provided by Overseas Students Office);

   Original Visa Application for Study inChina(JW202 or JW201 Form);

   Health Certificate (by Hunan Entry-Exit inspection and Quarantine Bureau);

   One passport-sized photo (White back ground);

   Accommodation Registration Form for Foreign Nationals (copy included);

   Fill in “Visa and Residence Permit Application Form” (provided by Overseas Students Office);

   Application Fees: less than RMB 1000.


View on mobile